Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nevertheless

Hello Beautiful people!!

So, I took my sister to the metro on my way to work (and ended up napping a little in my car in the garage at work..I was really early. haha) so as I approached the lever that allows entrance into the garage, we noticed that it was fixed...again! Let me give you a quick background on why this is not something to sniff at the Largo metro - Some faceless dude or dudette decides not to pay for parking and thwack! the perpetrator breaks out of the garage! But what gets me every time is the speed with which the metro people replace said levers. So on Monday, it was broken (it's sad really,  there's about  jagged 3 inches of the long lever left and once the sensor detects that a vehicle approaches, the little thing will still go up and down..teehhehe) and today, it's whole again! I really can't count the amount of times this has happened.

So, this got me thinking...

I am in a place in my life now where I doesn't matter what's going on around me - what I hear, what I see, what's documented - it doesn't change the infallible and irrefutable truth that I believe in. So the fact that things just seem to be going awry for you shouldn't shake your resolve. It should produce an opposite and unexpected response from you as a matter of fact! Our God is not a sensitive God who moves in anger, frustration or despair just because something's not "right". Stay with me here, I'll soon land this plane..


There's a reason these scriptures are in the Bible -

2 Corinthians 4vs 18 - While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Romans 8 vs 28 - And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8 vs 18 (one of my all-time faves) - For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in  us.

My main schpeal is that when life throws you a curve ball, like the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, get up again and keep moving. Keep fixing that lever. Don't let a temporary situation cause you to make a permanent (and sometimes detrimental) decision. Hold on to God. Hold on to your faith. Hold on to the Word. It's all you need, really. Believe me, I know. Don't let anyone tell you what doesn't agree with what you know; they were not there when you heard what you heard or saw what you saw. They can't understand. When that storm is blowing and the rain is pouring and it doesn't look like it's EVER going to stop, stay rooted. Remember the God of "Peace, be still", remember the God who walks on water. Let your foundation be in these things.


This. Too. Shall. Pass. 

I hope this blesses someone today!

Have a blessed and God-filled day and week!

(This post took me a whole month to finish! A WHOLE MONTH! Better late than never, I always say!)

No comments:

Post a Comment