Thursday, September 1, 2011

Not Cut out for 9 to 5

So I came to this conclusion a while back....

I am most assuredly NOT cut out for a 9 to 5 schedule!!!

Now, to be clear, I'll take 9 to 5 over 9 to 11pm any day! And sometimes it's awesome to know that you are free after a specified time...

But I like things in small doses..


I remember watching Unstoppable (awesome movie BTW) with my sister and brother after another 9 to 5 and a scene in the movie stuck with me - while the drones at the train company (AFV or whatever) were trying to figure out how to prevent a disaster with HUGE ramifications, the bosses were playing golf! Now, I'm sure they had some wheeling and dealing going on on the green too, but it was done in a more relaxing location with the sun in your face and a nice fall breeze blowing and teasing your flesh as opposed to the basement of a building where you have to walk up two flights of stairs to know what's going on outside!

I know those button-pushers who golf all day while their wives are playing pretend tennis at their country clubs have put in their time and worked this same 9 to 5 (if not more...) but somehow knowing this and understanding that I'm basically doing the same thing doesn't cheer me up one bit! I don't want to have to do this for 20+ years before having the chance of doing whatever the heck I want whenever I want!


So, to sign off, I am currently looking for ways to get out of this carousel. But short of winning the lottery with a $345million haul, after tax, that's not going to happen for a while but I am definitely working towards it! I have my own small business on the side now with another idea in the pipeline and I'm the process of completing my CPA so it's just a matter of time, right?

How many of you like the dependability and predictability of the 9 to 5 schedule?

PS - As a disclaimer,  I might blog about how much I LOVE 9 to 5 tomorrow! Don't judge me! I think I'm a little rritable today.

I hope you are having a better day than I today! God bless and keep you all!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment