Tuesday, August 16, 2011

For My Birthday

Good Tuesday Morning to you!

So...

I am 22 years, 9 months and 18 days old. I found this really cool website that calculates your age in months, weeks, seconds and even tells you what day of the week you were born! I was born on a Saturday. Cool huh? Click here if you're curious.

But I digress.

My 23rd birthday is in 73 days 13 hrs 21 minutes 51 seconds on the 29th of October. For this birthday, I have decided to start a fundraiser for Charity: Water, an organization that focuses on getting clean and safe water to people who need it. It's alarming to know that almost a billion people don't have access to clean drinking water. Lack of clean water is kills more people every year! More so than violence. I have decided that I want to make my next birthday count.



The biggest gift this year for me this year would be getting clean water to as many people as possible. $20 can provide one person with access to a clean water project. My goal with your help is to change the lives of 35 people. 35 people will have access to a good cup of cool, refreshing, germ-free water by my birthday.

You can help.

With your help, my dream for my birthday can become a reality. All you have to do is give. Your sacrifice will improve another's life. That should warm your heart; it certainly does mine.

Go to my page HERE and give.

Make my birthday awesome this year! Make it one for the books. Enrich lives of people you probably will never meet but be assured that they will bless you wherever they might be.

That is enough for me.

Matthew 25 vs 35-39 -

For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment