Monday, April 18, 2011

Footprint in the Sand

Good Morning!!

It has been a while hasn't it? CPA Studying can do that.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night and a lot of things that had been running rampant in my mind since the beginning of the year seemed to line up in nice and straight. A lot of young people have passed away this year - more than I care to count, really. Men and women (younger than 26 have) died from January 1st to yesterday. I know, people die all the time; it's the cycle of life....but it hasn't hit this close to home before. I don't believe in coincidences, especially when it comes to life and death.

Church has been a place of revelation and insight for me this year. It's not that it hasn't been in the past; it's just more intense now more than ever before. We are being prepared for what is to come. In my last post, I shared the story of the young teenager that was taken through Hell and Heaven with you. Recently, we watched an account of a man who died and went to Heaven and he gave this detailed report of what he saw and it hit me! Thank God for this season! Because without it, I am very sure (110%) that I would have missed it.

                                          

I am grateful for the Mercies of God that doesn't let me get what I definitely deserve and for His Grace that continues to lavish me what I don't deserve (favor, peace, joy, prosperity, a sound mind..I really could go on...). After the service and my discussion with Blessing last night, life just got ridiculously simple for me - Nothing else really matters, except pleasing God. If you think about it, we are chasing things around and neglecting the one person who owns ALL those things!

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well".- Matt 6vs33
"With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity". - Proverbs 8vs18

Everything else is trivial now...I've been asking God to show me my purpose but it's been staring at me in the face all along. It's plain and simple - Chase after God and really all the other things will find your address and lodge there.

I have made a conscious decision to make my life count for the One who put me on this earth. Because at the end of the day, if I amass all the wealth and fame and accolades this world can offer and get to the place of separation and I don't make it to that city with the roads paved with solid gold, it's all been for naught.

How awesome would it be to please God, do his Will, obey His Word and His prophets, share the Gospel - the good news of how this Jesus changed my life and still have it all? That's the way to enjoy this life and the one that matters most!

Because at the end of the day, all I want to hear is "Well done, Omotola". I want to Jesus to hold me by the hand and smile at me and say "O make e!!" (that's you made it for the non-Yoruba folks"



Make your life count for the right reasons. Make your mark.

On that note, have a blessed and God-filled day!


1 comment:

  1. This has been the cry and meditation of my heart lately....and moreso,to assure that those around me can never say, "Abisola didn't show me or tell me about Christ"! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete