Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sports Withdrawal

Being a sports fan is not easy!



Die Hard Sports Fan





First, tennis isn't really on anymore since all the Slams in the year have been played. I mean, yeah, there are a few ATP1000 tournaments going on right now but those are not televised! So what is a girl to do other than following online while trudging along with work?!

At least soccer is back on after a slight La Liga hiccup in the beginning of the season. Speaking of which, Barcelona, the best football soccer team in the whole world galaxy is seriously swelling my head with 13 consecutive wins since the beginning of the season. But I digress..

Then we've got this NBA lockout situation that doesn't look like it's about to let up! I mean, I am not as obsessed with basketball as I am with tennis and soccer but it's another thing to look forward to - I love the trash talking and the friendly (not!) banter I have with the people who call themselves Lakers fans. But right now, that's moot! Pre-season games have been cancelled! I'm sure I'm not alone in this -first of all, big shot players like Garnet and Stoudemire are losing huge vats of bi-weekly cash because of the lack of play; I'm talking millions of dollars! Which is nothing compared to what the league will lose for cancelling the preseason!

The most current thing on TV right now is the NFL and God knows I can't bring myself to watch that one. I lose interest in less than 10 minutes! It's basically a bunch of guys in tight leggings and shoulder pads chasing around a rugby ball and calling the sport football! But those who like it really like it. But one thing though, before I move on to a much more interesting topic: What in the world is it about the Redskins that people love so much?   They lose. That's what they do! And their games are packed with people wearing their jerseys and colors who seem to derive a lot of pleasure watching their team lose! And those tickets are not cheap!! People actually are on a WAITING LIST to get in!! What the HECK! The most annoying part for me is that these fans crowd the beltway on Sundays around the time I leave Church for a relaxing session with my bed and clog up the roads!

I'm done...I promise.

Well, anyway, the point I was trying to make is that I miss my favorite sport teams or Roger Federer for tennis. Speaking of the RF, he's slipped to #4 now cos he hasn't played since the U.S Open and that moody, talent-less  Scott has moved up to #3 and Rog is trailing by 45 points!! No Bueno!

Well, anyway, I go back to work now

Peace and Hair grease!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment