Thursday, May 19, 2011

Road to Rolland Garros

Hello my People!!


I am excited!! Actually excited doesn't quite cover what I'm feeling! But for now, it'll have to do...

Another Grand Slam is around the corner! Yay!! The last one was about 4 months ago with a few ATP1000 tournaments thrown in. Now, don't get me wrong, those are alright, I guess. I mean how impressive is a "best of three" match versus a "best of five" tourney?



January - Winner: The Djoker

Next up! May 21. Defending Champ - Rafa




Defending Champ - Rafa



Defending Champ - Rafa

I am not a huge fan of the clay court game (largely because it's not RF's best surface....yes I'm a diehard fan!) but these little games have whetted my appetite for a meaty Slam - a boatload of money is at stake, 2000 points is up for grabs, the possibility of 5 setters, bagel serving, bagel eating, ridiculously long (and awesome) rallies, showmanship and ROGER FEDERER. Oh boy!

Roger Federer! My Man!
At this point, I would be remiss not to discuss someone other than Roger Federer, for once, rght?

So, in the interest of fairness, Novak Djokovic (aka The Djoker) has had an amazing run in 2011! Dude hasn't lost a match yet! He has won 7 ATP Titles already and his best performance before this was 3 in a year! He's on a serious roll! He has beaten Rafael Nadal twice in a row on CLAY! I mean, he's teaching the "King of Clay" how to play on is favorite surface. Can he make it a hat rick at Rolland Garros or will his streak be snapped like a dried up twig? Stay Tuned!!

Whew!

I feel much better! Tennis is so awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment