Friday, July 22, 2011

Ode to Honeychild

On July 23rd, 1984, a jewel was born in Nigeria into the family of Chief M.K.O Abiola and Mrs S.B. Abiola. She was cute. She would grow up to be one of a kind like those handmade Christian Louboutins that retail for half an arm and a quarter of a leg.


Honeychild at 4

Oyinlomo, to me, is a living, breathing asset. An addition to whatever life she touches. She is giving of herself- her time, her money, her cooking (and that alone is a blog for another day). She is the type of person that you will be blessed to have in your corner. She is smart, like her papa. Whatever she sets her mind to do WILL GET DONE! She's like a bulldog that way; she'll sink her teeth in and never let go until she sees results!

Birthday Gyal and I


I remember about 10+ years ago I was in primary 5 at Saint Gloria's School in Shonibare Estate, Maryland and she was in JS 2 at Atlantic Hall and it was about to rain. I don't really remember exactly what happened but we were stuck in school without a ride. So my sister decided that we would take the bus home. So off we went. Then this torrential rain started. When we got to our busstop (which was another 15 minute walk to our house), Oyin unknotted her navy blue sweater from around her waist and used it to cover both of us; it was really to cover me because by the time we got to Red Hat (this popcorn place close to the bus stop) to wait out the rain, my sister was drenched from head to toe, while just my shoes were wet. I will never forget that day.

She's cute aint she?

Oyin still does things like that now, with slight variations....

She's extremely creative; an expert planner. Be sure to check out Tasteful events Consulting whenever you have a chance. Oyin is the one who call when you have a birthday coming up and you want to do something but you have no clue what that something is! She's the general guru for planning ANYTHING! Brilliant!


Tols, Bums, Oy

Oyin is also really really weird. She barges into your personal space (my room in my case) and starts to dance to a song that only she can hear! Random sturves! Unpredictable is definitely a trait I can attribute to her. I mean who resists kisses one minute and plants a huge on you the next? Yep! Oyin!

Shakara Unlimited

Oyin with the heart big enough to fit the whole of Maryland! Oyin is like a Chocolate Molten Larva Cake- she has a hard exterior and a gooey and soft interior! She comes off as a tough cookie (and don't get me wrong..she is!) but she's more soft than anything. She's loving, open, giving, funny, weird, fun, cool, hot, mean, unpredictable and dependable.

Oyin and Pops

Oy and Shayo!


Oyinlomo, Tola loves thee! I admire you; I look up to you in so many ways. You really rock! I'm happy to call you sister. I'm proud of who are and I can't wait to see what God will do with you and where he will take you. I looked through Proverbs 31 today and it reminds me of you.

Oh! I also did some research on the number 27 and the one that stuck out to me was the fact that it's 3 to the power of 3 (3 x 3 x 3); divinity intensified. May that be applied to every area of your life and existence. May every mountain and obstacle in your life meet the intensified sovereign divinity over your life in Jesus' name!
Je t'aime plus que les mots peuvent dire.
Happy Birthday.

PS - Oy, this is for you -

!!!!!!SPECIAL DELIVERY OYINLOMO!!!!!!

"Doyinlomo, you play hard, you love hard and you most definitely work hard. You pursue your goals with admirable determination. I love you and I know your best years are yet to come. Meet me in Paris for lunch via TX *wink**wink*" - Bunmi

"You are a piece of my everyday life. An important piece of the puzzle that I could never take for granted. A friend that is a complete opposite of me but yet "gets" me. May God bless you and increase you. May He shock you with uncommon favor and take you to heights beyond your imagination. Love you much! Happy Birthday!" - Shayo

2 Chronicles 7 vs 10 - "On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people to their homes, joyful and glad in heart for the good things the LORD had done for David and Solomon and for his people Israel."

No comments:

Post a Comment