Friday, July 22, 2011

Suzy Homemaker?

I'm confused! Really I am!

My sister, Honeychild, is the cook! She's the mommy! I love it! She makes sure we're well fed and things are running smoothly so I eased into the baby position rather seamlessly. I am the baby, after all!

But lately, I feel this weird need to cook! WHY??? It saddens me! Now don't get me wrong, I can cook but I absolutely don't have to and I definitely don't want to. I mean, why should I? With a professional chef in the house - I'm spoiled. Stew today, Efo (vegetable soup), Okro soup, Buka stew tomorrow with a healthy dash of Jollof rice thrown in!

But yesterday (after I got the good news that my right eye is fine!!!), I cooked! I usually cook out of sheer desperation - Oyin hasn't cooked and I'm starving! That's the way it works! Then, my beautiful, maternal sister will have mercy on me (I mean us) and cook up a storm to last until the next desperate moment. It's a cycle!

That was not the case yesterday! I purposed in my heart to cook chicken stew! OMG!! And now Oyin put it in my head to bake a cake for her birthday (which is tomorrow, BTW) and I'm sitting here at work day-dreaming about frosting choices! I've gone NUTS!

Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment