Wednesday, March 2, 2011

iRecommend

좋은 하루 아름다운 사람!

So by popular demand, I have come up with some recommendations for a lot of random things and I plan to do this rather haphazardly (to keep you on your toes...lol) so here goes.


1. The In Death Series by JD Robb - There are now over 31 books in the Series from Naked in Death (July 1995) to Treachery in Death (February 2011). Guess who has all 31 books....yezzur! Read them all over at least 3 times; they're that good! It's written by Nora Roberts under her pseudonym J.D Robb features NYPSD ("New York City Police and Security Department") Homicide detective, Lieutenant Eve Dallas and her mega-rich, deliciously delectable Irish husband Roarke and is set in a mid-21st century New York City. These books get better with each book and you know that with 31 books already in print that is no easy feat. Check it out, I guarantee you'll like it. The only downside to this series is that Nora only releases 2 books per year - one in February and the other in November. So here I am, already wanting more after Treachery (stayed up all night on the 23rd of Feb to finish it) and I have to wait 8 months for another dose. Oh well, I can always re-read the other 31.

2. Restaurants - I'm not the eating out type, especially because I am a Jollof rice and plantain kinda gal, but I have had some really nice lunches/dinners at relatively affordable places in my tenure at my current job. Some of them are -
a. Carpaccio, Annapolis MD - As the name denotes, it's all Italian all the way baby! This is usually a drawback for me, as I do NOT eat any sort of pasta whatsover and cheese is not my friend. But I had the Pollo Marsala, which is basically chicken, veggies, potatoes and mushrooms (that I moved to the side of my plate..yuck) for my entree and a nice modernized tiramisu for desert. All for $15! Now that's a deal.

b. Silver Diner - Well, to be honest, this really isn't a restaurant, but whatevs! They serve banging food! Their Caramel French Toast and eggs are out of this world ($9.49), their shakes are artery-cloggingly delicious. If you're watching your weight and waistline, you can get the Junior serving (but why?). The chunky monkey banana and peppermint patty are fiyurrr! I loved this place so much, I got a job there while I was still in college. I had to quit when I couldn't fit into my favorite clothes (lwkmd).


This should hold you over....for now. Until next time. Look out for my random iRecommendations.

On that note, have a blessed and God-filled day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment