Monday, February 21, 2011

C.S Lewis

Good Monday Morning Beautiful People!!

My new obsession - C.S Lewis!!! I would like to share him with you all this morning.

Clive Staples Lewis born in Belfast, Ireland on November 29, 1898 was an all-round literary genius, which awesome, profound books like Screw tape Letters and The Chronicles of Narnia (yep, you guessed it! He wrote them books!).

This man's revelation and thought process is so distinct and heavy but it's so elemental and easy. It makes you think! It opens your eyes to what you already know. He was classified as a Christian Apologist, a field that aims to present a rational basis for Christianity (Apostle Paul was another one). Apologists have based their defense of Christianity on historical evidence, philosophical arguments, scientific investigation, and other disciplines.

1 Peter 3 vs 15 - "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect".

He did a good job of breaking down the profound into smaller, more basic pieces that is easily understood and digestible. I make a habit of going through his quotes every morning; there's always something in there that gets me everyday. You can see my daily selection in the "Quote of the Day" in the upper right hand corner of my page.

Here are some of my favorite quotes -

"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."

"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us."

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

He died in 1963 at the age of 64 from renal failure three years after his wife's demise four years after their marriage at the age of 45 from cancer. But he left a legacy that will never be forgotten! The guy just rocks! He has already thought me to know Christ for myself and share what I know because there are people walking around without direction who need the little I have to get on the right path.

I encourage you to go on that page (linked up above) and just read through his thoughts...Insight galore!
On that note, do have a blessed and God-filled day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment