Friday, February 11, 2011

Los amigos

Hello Everybody!!!

Aren't you glad it's Friday?!! Another work week is over...NOT! Well, some of us have to work tomorrow and it's really paining me. Well, pity-party over!
So, I had the best time yesterday night with my best friend and sister after a really long day at work and I decided to dedicate today's blog to friends! Here are a few of my favorite quotes on friendship:

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." - Unknown

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." - Eccl 4 vs 9-10

"The best mirror is an old friend." - Unknown




I have been truly blessed by God with the friends that I have. These people are awesome, kind, caring, sincere and just plain good and Godly people. They just get me! I mean, I am really quiet ( I really am!) but when I'm around these people, I tend to get crazy and loud - so if you see me acting like a complete goof, blame it on my friends. Real and true friends are very important - I mean, they keep you in check, tell you the truth (especially when you don't want to hear it), stick with you when others kind of find their square root to the exit, laugh with you, cry with you, pray for and with you. There's a huge void in one's life when there are no friends to turn to for counsel, advice, encouragement or just to vent.

My favorite friendship till date is that of David and Jonathan. It says in 1Samuel vs 1-3 that "the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.". Now that is deep! It was so deep that years later, David went back to the house of Saul to show kindness to Mephibosheth because of the covenant he had with Jonathan in 2 Samuel 9.

In that vein, isn't it awesome to know that there's a friend who sticks closer than a brother? Who, in my mind, is WAY cooler than everybody else? Who gets your dry jokes, understands when you don't feel like talking on the phone or chatting on BB? I mean, I've had some instances on the metro that I am having this hilarious conversation with God and I just start to giggle erratically and I get weird looks from people, like the poor girl's loony! He has such a great sense of humor, doesn't He? It's too cool! He's the one that never ever leaves or turns His back to you. A man might still get hurt by your human failings, but Jesus celebrates those! He loves that we have issues and shortcomings! Absolutely Awesome!

So as we wrap up the week, please appreciate the friends that God put in your life and be aware that Jesus is also a great and cool friend to have....

Proverbs 18 vs 24 - "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
On that note, have a blessed and God-filled day!

PS - HALLELUJA!!! Mubarak is GONE!!!!!

2 comments: