Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Soliloquy

Ekaaro!

I had a thought this morning at 5:06am when my human alarm clock woke me up (I went straight to sleep right after, but don't tell her that). I am pretty sure I'm not alone in this - why is it that we pray to God "really quick", because we're probably running late for work or class or something or other and not wait or be expectant for a response? It really bothered me this morning (because I'm guilty of this), so I decided to dig a little deeper.



Prayer, simply put, is talking with God. Talking with and to someone entails that it's a two way street; you talk, there's a response. The Bible says in Ephesians 3 vs 12 that "Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence." But why do we go into God's presence without the intention to commune with Him? Can you imagine talking to your dad or mother and you do all the yapping for like 5 mins and peace out without letting them get one word in? That's how it is with God.
Now, I'm not saying that you should stay glued in one spot for 5 hours to get a response! I'm basically saying that we need to prepare our hearts to be aware that God speaks to us in diverse ways and be ready to hear from Him. He speaks through His word (Hebrews 4vs12), our thoughts, our conversations with others, and through issues and circumstances. That's one of the reasons we were given the Holy Spirit -

"But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you" - John 14 vs 26.

However, it's one thing to actually pray and not receive a response and it's another not to pray at all! God wants to hear from you, but you also have to take the first step in the right direction. Once you decide to talk to God, there has to be a decision to listen for His response, instruction or direction. He wants to hear from you; make it happen!

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3 vs 20.

PS - Shout out to Oyin, Bunmi, Tomi O., Tomi, Tara, Eni O., P. Ge, Siz Biz...I love you guyzes plenty!!

PS 2 - Bobcats DESTROYED the Lakers yesterday!! Whohooooo! Bobcats Rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment