Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why Bother?

Good Morning everybody!!

It's such a beautiful morning isn't it? Wait till Friday, then you'll want to work outside. So, this morning, on my way to work (as usual, right? it seems like my musings begin in my ford contour! lol), I was listening to 95.1 Shine FM (Awesome station!!) and this song came on - "...God bless the broken road.." and a line in the song sort of stuck out at me - "I set out on a narrow way many years ago hoping I would find true love along the broken road...."

Quick disclaimer before I move on - this is plainly my understanding of this line in the song. I believe that this narrow road is our walk with Christ; which entails leaving the things of the world behind.

Matthew 7 vs 13-14 - "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

In light of the song, it just got me thinking about relationships and compromise. I know it's weird that listening to a really beautiful song got me thinking about compromising on relationships, but that's what happened. I seriously believe that at this point in my life with what I know, what I've been through and overcome in my life as a Christian, there are some things that I refuse to budge on regarding relationships.



We really shouldn't even consider "yoking" ourselves with someone who doesn't believe in the same things that we do; I mean, that only adds to the arguments that will naturally come up in a marriage or relationship. Why in the world would I want to argue with my husband or boyfriend about not going (or going) to Church or clubs? These things should be a no-brainer, right? There shouldn't be any doubt in your mind about your significant other's stand on certain issues like sex before marriage, for example. The topic shouldn't even come up!!

2 Corinthians 6 vs 14 - "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"

Life has enough ups and downs that should keep us occupied; we really shouldn't go and consciously add to our issues with something that can be easily avoided, right? Yezzur!!

On that note, have a blessed and God filled day!!

PS- Barcelona is sooo going to DESTROY Arsenal today, it's not gonna be funny! It's really paining me that not only am I sitting in an office with no windows so I can't enjoy the gorgeous day but the internet connection at this client restricts online TV/Video streaming! Arrrggggghhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment