Sunday, February 13, 2011

God's Love is the Deepest

Hello tena na Karibu!!

Currently watching the Grammys and feeling Lady Antebellum ( might actually buy their album sef) and I wanted to share a few things that I heard with you -

Since tomorrow is "valentine's day", I would be remiss not to at least address it. So, it's supposed to be a special day to mark the celebration of love; well, I have been experiencing an astounding expression of love from family and especially from God lately. I think it's because I'm now more aware of and more expectant for it. It's absolutely awesome!!

In that light, I was listening to Turning Point on 95.1 Shine FM on Friday on my way home from work (awesome commute, by the way! I was cheesing so hard, my cheeks started to hurt!) and the preacher was teaching out of the Songs of Solomon. He said a few key things that kind of caught me-
"Before you take the plunge, there are some things to learn from Solomon and the Shulamite:
1. Are you excited about the thought of each other? Just the thought!
2. There shouldn't be any hidden pockets of your life that your spouse knows nothing about.
3. You two should make each other a priority after God, because, really, things are better, smoother and less choked up with God in it."

Oh! And something my pastor said today was abosultely DIVINE!! She said and I paraphrase - Security in a relationship has absolutely nothing to do with money; it's more about "All I have is $5, but I am willing to give it all to you". That drew out a HUGE sigh from yours truly; so huge that quite a few people noticed. But that's heavy though, right? Yezzur!!



But imagine this, all I outlined and explained above is expressed everyday to us! Everyday, by God! His mercies are new every morning! His love has no depth, no length, no width. His arms are always wrapped around us; we're usually just never aware of it. It is important that in this season, we court the love of the one that really matters....all others are transient. He is not a loving God, He IS LOVE! 1 John 4 vs 7-8

"How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings." - Psalm 36 vs 7

For those of you with plans for the no-holiday holiday, have a swell time and remember to show love to others this week.

Have a blessed and God-filled week ahead!

PS - So bummed J. Bieber didn't win Best New Artist! Who is that gyal that won by the way?? #bbmrollingeyes

And...Brazil's Ronaldo is retiring. You heard it here first! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment